January 12, 2009

Blog Love

I was thrilled when the Washingtonian contacted me and asked if I would like to be a guest on their weekly live online chat! I LOVE to talk about any and all things wedding related so I, of course, jumped at the opportunity! Each Thursday the Washingtonian hosts an online blog chat and invites an event professional to be their guest. These chats are a great opportunity for those who are planning a wedding to get free (we all love that!) expert advice, fun and creative tips and answers to those etiquette questions that are enough to make anyone crazy!

One of my favorite questions was in regards to where I find my inspiration and if there are other wedding professionals whom I admire. I had so much fun answering this question! I find inspiration in so many different areas... from online blogs to fashion magazines and even in swatches of specialty papers and fabrics. Mindy Weiss and Colin Cowie are geniuses and they definitely inspire me. I love how personal and reflective of the host/hostess their events are. I always appreciate the sweet personal touches that really leave a lasting impression. This can be something as simple as a handwritten note to each guest, thanking them for being a part of such a special day. I just purchased Colin Cowie's new book, Wedding Chic, and can't put it down! It's filled with so many fabulous ideas and tons of inspiration. It's worth splurging on!

Special thanks to the Washingtonian for having me as their guest. I had a great time! To view the online chat, visit: www.washingtonian.com/chats/shopping/10593.html. Happy planning!

Comments

0 Responses to "Blog Love"